Adolescent Program Housing Resources
Housing resources for young adults leaving, or who have recently left foster care.
Homelessness Resources for Former Foster Care Youth
Young adults who were in the legal custody of NH DHHS upon attaining the age of 18 may request to return to DCYF foster care until the age of 21. Learn more.
DCYF has partnered with various state and local housing agencies to provide housing vouchers when available for young adults formerly in DCYF foster care at any age that are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless and between 18 and 25 years of age. To find out more information contact your local housing agency or the DCYF Adolescent Worker or Permanency JPPO in your area.
Transitional Living Programs
(Temporary housing for homeless young adults)
- Waypoint (1-800-640-6486)
- Nashua Children's Home (883-3851)
Resources for anyone age 18 or older
If you are in need of immediate assistance dial 211 (within New Hampshire) and ask about shelters and other housing resources in your community.
- NH Coalition to End Homelessness (603-641-9441 x 251)
- NH Housing Finance Authority (800-439-7247)
- HUD (Housing and Urban Development)
- NH Department of Health and Human Services Resources (603-271-9196)