NHIIS Information for the Public
NHIIS securely stores immunization records for all New Hampshire residents of all ages. Please refer to the NHIIS Information for the Public brochure below for more information about NHIIS.
What is NHIIS?
New Hampshire Immunization Information System (NHIIS) is a secure, statewide, web-based system that connects and shares immunization information among authorized health clinics, health care provider offices, local health departments, schools, hospitals, and other health care facilities that administer immunizations and provide medical care to New Hampshire residents.
NHIIS securely stores immunization records for all New Hampshire residents of all ages.
Benefits of NHIIS for the Public:
- Keep track of your and your child's immunizations and who gave them, even if you move, change providers, or lose your immunization records.
- Many healthcare providers in New Hampshire participate in NHIIS; so you and your family's immunization records are at any New Hampshire doctor's fingertips.
- Healthcare providers have the most current recommendations and information to make sure you get the right vaccines at the right time.
- Once entered into NHIIS, the record will be available when needed for the future, such as for Child Care and School entry, employment, and travel.
NHIIS has several security features built into its system to ensure the confidentiality of your immunization information. The strict security measures in place for the NHIIS are the same that are in place for your health information stored in your healthcare provider’s electronic medical record system.
Request an Immunization Record
If you still want a paper copy of your immunization record, please fill out and notarize the Request for Immunization/Vaccination Record form and mail the completed form and one identity proof (Driving License/Passport) to the address below. If you are a parent/guardian requesting an immunization record for your children, please add birth certificate showing your name along with your identity proof to get the immunization record.
Please mention if you are looking for COVID-19 immunization record only or Complete immunization record on the Request for Immunization/Vaccination Record.
New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services
Division of Public Health Service
Bureau of Infectious Disease Control, Immunization Program
29 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH 03301
Attn.: Immunization Registry (NHIIS)
Remove your Child, Yourself, and/or Family from NHIIS
If you wish to participate or wish to withdraw or remove your records from the NHIIS, please follow the below steps:
- Download the Withdraw & Remove Information from the New Hampshire Immunization Registry form by clicking on the form name.
- Fill up the details and give it to your current Primary Care Provider (PCP). Your PCP will complete the form, sign it and fax the form to the NHIIS.
- If you don’t have a current PCP, your previous PCP can also fill up the form and send it to NHIIS.
- Please note, you must sign the Choose not to Participate in the New Hampshire Immunization Registry (Opt-Out) form and give it to your PCP to prevent any future information coming to NHIIS.
A patient or the patient's parent or guardian if the patient is a minor, may withdraw participation in the vaccine registry at any time by submitting a request to the Department of Health and Human Services. Per new law HB1487 (effective 8/30/22), withdrawal of information from the vaccine registry will require the signature of a health care provider OR a notarized patient signature. If the patient is a minor, the signature of a health care provider OR a notarized signature from a parent or legal guardian is required.
Upon review through the Administrative Rules process, the Department will post an updated form for use.