NHIIS Information for School Nurses
Information on how school nurses can access the NHIIS System and available training opportunities.
NHIIS is a secure, web-based tool that provides school nurses with the following benefits:
- NHIIS keeps a student’s consolidated history of immunizations received from multiple healthcare providers.
- Saves parents time going to the doctor's office or clinic to obtain a copy of their children's immunization records because many schools can check immunization records online.
- NHIIS can assess students’ immunization needs by recommending missed and future immunization.
- School Nurses can create reminder/recall lists of student’s past-due for vaccines.
- Helps school nurses to view exemptions, and run coverage reports.
- NHIIS is available to school nurses at no cost.
NHIIS information is confidential and available only to authorized users, such as health care providers and schools, as defined by He-P 307 Immunization/Vaccination Registry.
Need Access to NHIIS?
To get access to NHIIS, you must:
- Complete the School Nurse Training:
- Register for a Training session.
- Complete the Quiz as per the instructions given during the training session.
- Complete the NHIIS Authorized Site Agreement for Schools, get it signed by the school principal and send it to NHIIS Support. The Authorized Site Agreement needs to be signed by the school principal and needed only once.
- Request the User account and send the signed (by the school Principal) Authorized User Agreement to NHIIS Support with subject line “School Nurse User Account Request- School Name”. An Authorized User Agreement is needed for each School Nurse.