Health Statistics & Informatics
Health Statistics & Informatics coordinates and disseminates health-related information for the purposes of protecting public health while adhering to privacy requirements. Health Statistics and Informatics also provide services for health data integration and interoperability.
Health Statistics & Informatics is responsible for obtaining, analyzing and disseminating NH population-based public health data and statistics, while maintaining all State and Federal privacy, security and confidentiality requirements for the following data systems:
- Behavioral Risk Factor Survey (BRFSS)
- Birth data analysis
- Death data analysis
- NH Cancer Registry Data
- Hospital Discharge Data analysis
- NH Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS)
- NH population estimates
- Data statistics, analysis and epidemiological support
Health Statistics & Informatics provides administrative management of the department's Vital Records Privacy Board for Health-Related Research (VRPB) data requests; as well as the confidential data request review board for Cancer Registry data; Hospital Discharge Data; and, other health datasets for research purposes.
Health Data Integration
Health Statistics and Informatics provides heath data integration for electronic case reporting, electronic laboratory reporting, syndromic surveillance, blood lead surveillance and other reportable disease systems or applications. For more information, please visit the Promoting Interoperability web page.
DHHS Data Portal
The NH Department of Health and Human Services Data Portal is an interactive website aggregating health and social services data and producing customized reports, maps and time trend analysis on hundreds of health related indicators at the town, county and state level. Data may be used to identify trends, develop program initiatives, strengthen research, aid grant writing and support policy changes.
- Non-confidential Data Request
- Non-confidential Data Request (Fillable Word)
- Confidential Request: Application for Access to Confidential Vital Records Data for Health Related Research
- Confidential Request: Application for Access to Confidential Vital Records Data for Health Related Research (Fillable Word)
- Confidential Request: Application for Access to Confidential New Hampshire PRAMS Data
- Confidential Request: Application for Access to Confidential New Hampshire PRAMS Data (Fillable Word)
- Request for Continued Use of Confidential Data
- Request for Continued Use of Confidential Data (Fillable Word)
- Notice of Termination of Use of Confidential Data
- Notice of Termination of Use of Confidential Data (Fillable Word)