Vital Records Birth & Death Data
Health Statistics & Informatics within the department is designated the health statistics center of New Hampshire, to coordinate and disseminate health-related information for the purposes of protecting public health while adhering to privacy requirements.
Health Statistics & Informatics:
- Analyzes information from reported birth records for NH DHHS programs and for external community partners;
- Distributes statistical reports to government agencies and other requesting public and private organizations; and
- Prepares reports that contain tabulations of vital records birth or death data
The NH Division of Vital Records Administration (NH DVRA) in the Office of the Secretary of State is responsible for collecting information on deaths of NH residents and deaths occurring in NH. Funeral home directors and the medical examiner report the information to the Division of Vital Records Administration. Information about NH resident out-of-state deaths is reported to NH through an interstate exchange agreement.
The NH DVRA has released new, web-based query information system, the "New Hampshire Vital Records Information Network web" (NHVRINweb), for accessing Vital Records statistical data. This web-based tool allows access to de-identified Vital Records that date back to 1995. You can also produce data reports in either a spreadsheet format or as a document, so that you can include this data in your own reports if desired. Please visit NHVRINweb tool: https://nhvrinweb.sos.nh.gov/
Application for Access to Confidential Vital Records Data for Health-related Research
- Confidential Request: Application for Access to Confidential Vital Records Data for Health Related Research
- Confidential Request: Application for Access to Confidential Vital Records Data for Health Related Research (Fillable Word)
- Request for Continued Use of Confidential Data
- Request for Continued Use of Confidential Data (Fillable Word)
- Notice of Termination of Use of Confidential Data
- Notice of Termination of Use of Confidential Data (Fillable Word)